Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hey MAMBO

Today's cooking day requires a glass of this wine- "Hey MAMBO" for two reasons. One, my friend Allison bought it because this "California sultry red" reminded her of me and two, today is my birthday.

Last week's meals were pretty tasty. I'm adjusting to the concept of eating the same dinner two nights in a row (having never really been one for leftovers). But here's my motivation: preparing one meal intended for two nights really is a money AND time saver.

This week I'm continuing our change to have the bulk of the meat we consume for lunch, with vegetarian dinners at night. And on the weight loss front, I did manage to lose 3 pounds this week. It's amazing how much of a difference 3 can make- I am at least able to button up the un-buttonable jeans from last week. I'm not saying they are actually wearable just yet... but we're making progress.

Here's the menu for this week:
For lunches- chicken fajitas on Monday & Tuesday, sausage & peppers with a dab of goat cheese on Wednesday and Thursday, sweet & sour shrimp Friday and perhaps Saturday.

(I grilled a bunch of chicken last night, so today's prep day will be to roast the veggies and saute the chicken sausage. The rice is already cooked and I will saute the shrimp a little later in the week.)

For dinner:
Sunday & Monday night- vegan nachos- here's the recipe: http://veganjoy.blogspot.com/search/label/nachos
Tuesday- veggie pizza (homemade crust I'll probably make tonight with sliced mushrooms and roasted bell peppers cooked tonight- the veggies will be paired with a little bbq sauce and some bleu cheese)
Wednesday & Thursday- Leftover veggie lasagna that I froze 2 weeks ago
Friday- Raspberry Chicken & brown rice (this is a bulk recipe that I will make today from the "Don't Panic" cookbook. I'm making 18 chicken breasts and freezing 15 of them for later.)

The veggies tonight will take an hour and a half to roast the way I like them, but the rest of the food to prep shouldn't take too long to prep. Wine in hand and "Psych" on www.hulu.com, it should be enjoyable enough. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment