Friday, August 27, 2010

A Quick Note

Today is Friday- we have managed to survive the first full week of school, though not without incident. Included in this week were karate class and Adrian's first ever soccer practice, as well as a four hour meeting for me that started at 6:30pm, James' birthday and the general exhaustion of long, busy days.

I have come to a conclusion about the cooking once a week idea: TOTALLY worth it. I can't tell you how helpful it was, even on the nights we DIDN'T have after-school activities, to be able to just put dinner together. No dicing or sauteing. Things were just ready to go in the oven. This included our lunches, since I've decided to pack both Adrian and James' lunch every morning. James in particular had a variety of food to eat this week that hopefully kept him from lamenting the loss of his fast-food lunch habit.

I will try to find recipes that are a little bit less intensive for the next week I do this (unfortunately, my grocery bill has been a bit out of hand this month, so the last few days of August we will be consuming whatever I can find around the kitchen). But I think this is honestly going to be the best way to keep my sanity during the school year, and still keep a healthy dinner on the table.

See you in a week, with the next menu and suggestions-

No comments:

Post a Comment